Jun 6, 2016

Query Kombat Round 1 Wrap Up



Well, Round 1 of this crazy contest officially ended Saturday night. We promised blood, and blood there was. Also tears, nail-biting, and some hair-pulling. Congratulations to all of you who fought hard and came out victorious.

Please have your revised entries to us by Tuesday, June 7th at 5 pm EST. Use the same format and send to the contest email: QueryKombat (at) gmail (dot) com.

A full 32 entries out of the 64 lost in a valiant fight - you should have seen us hosts and the judges freak out about how hard it was to choose.

For those 32: Good job. You beat out 300 other entries to make the first round, and you gave the judges a hell of a job. Hopefully you got some amazing feedback as well! 

For the 32 winners, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! YOU GET TO GO ON TO THE AGENT ROUND ON Wednesday morning!!!

Below is the list of those who will go on to the next round. Let me know if we made any mistakes! Team Ravenous is in Orange.

Madam Butterfly

Ivy League Sex Scandal

Croissants Kill! 

Cuddles and Coup

Irish in America

What's Luck Got to Do with It

The Ghost and Ms. Clair

Black Holes 

And I Feel Fine

Human Kind is Basically Screwed

Play Chess Not Checkers

Jello Poems

One-Handed Wonder

Mustache Head

Humanimal

Partners-In-Magic

Ice Cream Rebel Rousers

The Order of Black

Don't Eat Me

To Be a Man

Ticket to Ride

Escape the Fate

Hot Sauce is Bad for Wound Care 

Crytopolis

Cement Gargling 101

These Little Earthquakes

Meet Me at Lake Nevaeh

Like Atlantis, Only Totally Creepy

You Had Me At Salty Fries

My BoyFriend Rigged the Lottery

Southern Gothic Secrets

Samba and Surrender


CONGRATS!!! Of course, we still have....

The Host Saves

These are three entries that we hosts picked from our teams to move on to the agent round but not on to Round 2. Check out Michelle's and Mike's picks as well. The Host Saves can submit a revised entry and will go to the agent round, but not to the second combat round.

I spent a LOT of time trying to decide which entry to save. Even before any votes had come in, I wondered how on earth I was supposed to pick. My personal favorite? The most marketable? Most diverse? Own voices? (How can I know that without everyone sending me bios?) Closest vote? The entry where I most disagreed with the judge's feedback? The one I thought agents would like the most? ARGH THIS IS SOOOOOO HARD!

At the end of the day, I wish I could save you all. But I wound up having to pick:

Sit, Stay, Heal

Congrats everyone!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you all at the agent round!

No comments :

Post a Comment