Jun 5, 2015

Query Kombat Agent Round Entrants

Well, Round 1 of this crazy contests officially ended last night. We promised blood, and blood there was. 

Please have your revised entries to us by Saturday, June 6th at 5 pm EST. Use the same format and send to the contest email: QueryKombat (at) gmail (dot) com.

A full 32 entries out of the 64 lost in a valiant fight - you should have seen us hosts and the judges freak out over Twitter and in the comments of the entries about how hard it was to choose.

For those 32: good job. You gave the judges a hell of a job. Hopefully you got some amazing feedback as well!

For the 32 winners, CONGRATS!!!!!! YOU GET TO GO ON TO THE AGENT ROUND WHICH OPENS THIS Monday!!!

Below is the remaining members of Team Platypus:



Adult:
 
Zip
If You Give a Girl a Redo
Forget You, Stalin, We're Outta Here
Paranormal Fear, An Exorcist's Murder Trial

Young Adult:

Fed to the Crocodiles
Life Sucks--I'm Stuck in Podunk
Fake Heirs Do It Better
A Girl and Her Serial Killer
Skins of the Father
My Monster Twin is Rotting
Guinness
My Life as a Teenage Pirate Queen

Middle Grade:

Paper Girl in the Land of Yesterday
Middle Grade Leverage

 
Fallen Comrades:

Rustic Roots Burn Holes
Heartland of Alberta
The Wonderette v. The Real World
Polar Rush
The Past is My Future
TRIAC
Change the Alphabet, Please

Keep up the good fight! 



CONGRATS!!! Of course, we still have....



the Host Saves



These are three entries that we three hosts will pick from our teams to move on to the agent round but not on to Round 2. Check out SC's and Michelle's picks as well. The Host Saves can submit a revised entry and will go to the agent round, but not to the second combat round.

It was a really hard decisions to narrow my host save down to one choice. I love all my picks and would take you all if it was possible. Alas, I can only choose one.

With great humility and apologies to the rest, my host save is:



POLAR RUSH


Congrats everyone!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you all at the agent round! 

5 comments :

  1. Thanks, Michael! This was great fun. Off to revise now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michael! I submitted my revision this morning but haven't gotten a confirmation email. Just wanted to make sure you've got my entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mike for the awesome opportunity. I sent in revisions for PIRATE QUEEN and will be on the edge of my seat all through the agent round! Wish we knew what will go on!

    ReplyDelete